24 God Will Provide!

Having eaten manna in the wilderness for the last forty years, now finally in the Promised Land (Joshua 5:10-11), the Israelites get their first taste of the land’s produce they had only heard about from Joshua and Caleb’s reconnaissance report. (Numbers 13:27) Manna would soon be a thing of the past, now that they had a wide selection of delicious produce and grain to enjoy.

Photo courtesy of Stock.xchng

What impressed me was that it wasn’t until the day after they ate food from the Promised Land that the manna stopped. (Joshua 5:12) God provided manna for the people as they discovered the food from the land available to them and only after the people had found a way to eat the food from the land, so they would be fully provided for when God stopped the manna.

I wonder if it was a little bittersweet for the Israelites when the manna was no longer their food source. (Exodus 16:30-31) Consider how awesome a provision this manna was, even if the people didn’t always appreciate it (Numbers 11:5-6) Speaking of God’s provision, Psalm 78 records:
He had commanded the clouds above, and opened the doors of heaven. Had rained down manna on them to eat, and given them of the bread of heaven. Men ate angels’ food; He sent them food to the full. (Psalm 78:23-25)
Until they came to Gilgal on the plains of Jericho, for forty years, the Israelites ate the bread of heaven, angels’ food, commanded from the clouds by God. (Exodus 16:35) Amazing. Surely God has proven that He is faithful to provide.

What need are you experiencing today? Rest in the past faithful provisions of God, as He was faithful to provide for you before, He will surely provide for you now, whatever your need—even if that means “commanding the clouds above and opening the doors of heaven” to provide for you, He would. How He'll provide and when He'll provide, only He knows. When trials come, our job is simply to trust Him to work out the details of our circumstances and provide. Trust in Him for your every need—no matter how big or small. You’ll be blessed because you did. (Jeremiah 17:7-8)

Question for you: When has God met your need in an amazing way?



If you haven’t yet, follow me on Twitter or drop by my Facebook page and click “Like.”

Here are the blogs I'm linked up with this week. Check 'em out!


Subscribe to Rivers of Water by entering your e-mail address in the box below:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Copyright © 2012 Brooke Espinoza.

24 comments:

  1. I needed this. I'm doing a fast and this is the exact story I was reading for encouragement and wisdom. I love your insights! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Janine! I just love when God does that! He never ceases to amaze me. God bless your time of fasting. Thank you for your encouraging comments. You made my day. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I clicked the link to this blog - just what I needed to read (and funnily enough, I just published a post on the Israelites too!). As I go into the next week (a week of big changes), your words are timely and very encouraging. Thank you for this post.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruth! That is so great to hear. God is so faithful to give us what we need, right when we need it. I love that about Him! So glad this ministered to you. God bless you lots!

      Delete
  3. I love reading about GOD's provision and gleaning the encouragement. Surely that's why His command to us always is: "Remember what The LORD has done."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Connie! I love reading about the good things the Lord has done for others. So encouraging! I love that quote, "Remember what The LORD has done." So true! God bless you richly!

      Delete
  4. He meets my needs every day in an amazing way. He provides ALL my needs according to his riches in glory – which knows no bounds. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, that is so awesome to hear!And you said it so beautifully! He is so faithful! God bless you much!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. So glad this blessed you, Denise! God bless you lots!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for this, i found it very encouraging. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad this encouraged your heart! God bless you much!

      Delete
  7. Great post. Wonderful and encouraging.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry! Glad it blessed you. God bless you richly!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for this inspiring word, Brooke! I needed it today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad, Beth! I love how God is so faithful to give us just what we need and when we need it. God bless you much!

      Delete
  9. Oooo. I like how you study the word. That whole day after thing... I've missed the depth of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! That's what I love about studying God's Word--all the gems of truth I discover as I mine the riches of God's Word. God bless you richly!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful! Glad I found this! I would love for you to add this and any other of your posts to my weekly Mom's Library Link-Up.
    http://heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com/2012/11/co-hosting-moms-library-4-for-me.html

    Thanks and Be Blessed,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! Will do. God bless you lots!

      Delete
  11. Your post was in the top 3 most visited at last week's link-up, so I will share it on Facebook as well. :) Be on the lookout, and thanks again for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! That's great to hear. Praise the Lord!

      Delete
  12. God bless you more as you continue to inspire and enlighten others with your most inspiring words and stories...Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Riza for your encouraging words! God bless you richly!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share. May God bless you richly!